Monday, September 01, 2008

Seven Oaks

Went to Boone Iowa this weekend for my 2nd 24 hr. race this year and I had to pull the plug after only 6 laps.Short story is not my kinda of course the climbs were short but way to many I'm not a strong rider I can do steady climbing but these climbs just killed me.

I don't think I went out to fast I was in the top twenty riders at the start but I knew this might be trouble when Guys were walking up some switchbacks on the 1st lap.Anyway legs never came back and were drained and i was in granny gear already YEP I SAID GRANNY GEAR ! pulled the plug and live to ride another day !

Nice to see Paul Jacobson from Trans Iowa #3 when I was there so I'm glad I went !

I'll Try to get some pics up !

See Ya !

3 comments:

mattonne said...

Damn Howie, I thought about going..Oh well, shoulda coulda woulda. See you at Farmdale

Mike Howard said...

It will be good to see you Matt ! Don't forget to bring that pretty lady of yours to !

Unknown said...

Hi, as a racer i thought you and your readers would like to know about the the Mount Kenya 10 to 4 (10thousand feet to 4 thousand feet) http://www.10to4.org/
a race in Kenya to raise money for Mount Kenya and its diverse assembly of animal life. What a great experience. I hope that you and other american riders would consider competing some day. At one place the race was shortly held up by elephants!
One of the greatest bike experiences of my life. cheers,
james christian
karisia walking safaris
http://www.karisia.com