Friday, February 26, 2010

New Rig made it home




The Gary Fisher Rig is a single speed bike that I have wanted for some time but I also need a bike for the TIV6 race.I didn't want to buy two bikes or tell Cindy I want two more bikes,but I knew I could get the Rig and make it my special TIV6 bike then cross it back over to a single speed. I had Bob Woo from Bushwhackers go to work on it for me,I knew he could make any adjustments to make it work.

I made it into a 2x9 with drop bars so I would be more comfortable on the gravel roads,this should help keep me low and faster which is my main goal for the TIV6 race.I'll get a few rides in with these huge tires then switch out to some cross tires,maybe sooner than later.

I got in a good 60 miles in last Sunday in some pretty shitty weather that made it a good suffer fest 4-3/4 hrs by the time I made it home.

I hope for some good back to back mileage days soon and I'm setting a goal of riding every day in March or aleast a run on days I can't ride.

Thanks to Buchwhackers on helping me get the Rig !

5 comments:

Midz said...

Lets get that bitch out and ride!

Anonymous said...

James you had better be talking about the Bike! hahaha this one I call THE BEAST!

Anonymous said...

P.S. anonymous = Cindy

Midz said...

You'll just have to figure it out for yourself what/who I was talking about. ;0

mattonne said...

Nice Rig Howie! Give em hell!