Friday, May 01, 2009

Still here !

Bad month of April for me not much riding being done (sucks) the weather has alot to do with it and the work around the house even more.The trails around Peoria are terrible with all the rain,Jubilee isn't open yet and they are in bad shape anyway.The other parks are just as bad,but PAMBA is trying to get them in shape so we can get some dirt under our tires instead of asphalt.

I missed the start of the I-74 series race up in the quad cities the Syvan Island Stampede it rained the whole race witch would have been fun.The Trans Iowa V is starting in the morning and I'm just sick I didn't try and get in this year but I was afraid getting burned out so early in the year.Plus I hate the idea of training so hard thru the winter then having the weather decide if you even have a chance of finishing.

I'm running a 5k in the morning The Run To Remember for fallen Police and Firemen then a Dualthon on the 16th.(Cindys birthday)

My weight has been steady at 161 lbs with the better eating I have been doing with Cindy and by the way she has been doing great with her workouts and her steady weight loss too.

I need some serious bike time in the next three weeks if I'm doing the Mohican 100k at the end of the month.If I do three days of intervals with one or two days of longer rides I'll be ok.I also need to get a order in to Ergon for some new grips.

More trail work this weekend and mushroom hunting !

Have you been to Bushwhackers this week ? you should ! Check out the sweet rides they have for this summer,I'm going to checkout a Gary Fisher Rig 29r.

See Ya !

No comments: