Wednesday, October 19, 2005

Last race of the year done !

I finished this season at Panther Creek doing a dualathon 22 mile trail ride and a 4.5 mile run.This is the secound year I done this race and finished 9th out of 50 riders, not to bad but I finished 8th out of 40 riders last year so I was hoping do a little better.

I came in 6th on the bike (same as last year) and felt good for the run , the first mile is so tough, the legs are pumped full of blood from the bike ride.I caught 5 th place about a mile in, he was cramping up but he caught up with me before the 2 mile mark. A couple tri-guys passed me up around the 3-1/2 mark, they always catch me on the run, I need to train more for the running portion,nobody should be catching me when I get off the bike, most of the racers are sport riders so I could be finishing in the top 5.

It was a fun race exept for the trail conditions, witch everbody was talking about, Thorns and sticks all over the place. I tried top re-ride Saturday and had two flats within 4 miles into the trail, Sunday my friend Bob had 6 flats and didn't finish the bike race.

I'm going to keep running the fall and winter , I start training on the bike
for next year !!!!!!! ( maybe a little time off ) see ya !

No comments: