Saturday, December 16, 2006

Trans-Iowa III

looks like a go for Matt and I ! and almost 120 riders will try and finish 320 plus miles of gravel fun.I guess this winter I'll be even more sireus on my training than last year and I thought I did pretty good before.

The temps were great here all week long and I could't get out for any rides until today.I headed out with the wind to my back and wanted to do some suffering on my way back to the house...with 20 + mile wind in my face all the way home I had the legs burning pretty good.

The first time I ever had to get off my bike from a dog wanting to take a chunck out of my leg happened right as I crossed route 8, the owner was a old man in the yard chopping wood and he couldn't call the dog off me so I kept walking in circles with the bike between me and the German Shepard.When the dog finally went back in his yard the old guy started to yell at me that it was my fault for tresspassing on the street in front of his house.He thinks he owns it to the center line because he pays taxes ! I yelled back are you FUCKING NUTS ! so you can guess the rest as I was fired up now and just let it all fly out at him...Then I thought he might have some retarded son inside the house with a gun so I got the hell out of there...MORON !!!

It was a good ride though and I needed it to clear my head,I still had not checked with the Trans V III board so I didn't know if I was in yet.Now it was all worth it and I get a plan on my training...I'll get ahold of you Matt and talk about some training methods and nutrition and get some kind of plan on getting thru this race.

I'm glad Paddy will be there and hope to meet some new blogers !


see ya

5 comments:

Midz said...

Time to suffer! You can count me in to help however I can. I know it's unsupported, but I figure I can help out somehow.

Mike Howard said...

hitting the RIT on some long rides looks like will be norm !

Anonymous said...

Can you say "GRAVEL":) Will be nice to put a face to the blog ehy:)

Peace

Anonymous said...

I'll take whatever help I can get Howie! THANKS...

Matt

Mike Howard said...

I here ya squirrel ! I hope to have some new ink done !