Tuesday, April 12, 2005

First race of 2005

I had my first race in Moline Il Sylvan Stampede, It was a good race alot of fun,no hills but very technical with alot of rocks and roots. They had a good turnout of riders for there first race.The FORC guys did a great job and everyone was real friendly. That might not mean alot to some people but I'm doing this to have fun and ride not get to serious. Don't get me wrong I want to do good I can't help but race hard !! Okay ! about the race I'm raceing expert, we had 13 racers of all ages mostley aroud my age or 30's a couple were older. ther was a nice sprint about 100 plus yards to the singletrack and I went in around 10th place and I held it for most of the race. I was passed on the 4 or 5th lap but the guy fell about a 1/4 lap after he passed me and I didn't let him get back in the race. I tried some Hammer gel and drink and I really don't know yet on how the worked on me, I need to do some trainning with them. I finished strong anf felt pretty good at the end and didn't need to srint or go hard I just keeped a good pace and even droped the other guys behind me around lap 6. It feels good to see where my fitness is and get a race under my belt.Back to training !!! see ya !

No comments: