Friday, March 23, 2007

Rain,Rain go away

One look outside from the front porch this morning and my plans for a long ride is not going to happen Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It looks like a all day event with flood warning going on !

My ride yesterday after work was going to be a couple of hours,but the threat of rain coming at me from the west turned into a 1-1/2 of intervals so it was affective.
After I decided to kick into intervals I did 10x20sec sprints 60 sec.rest in between
sets...legs a were on fire and lungs sucking air !!

Bike Patrol class tomorrow at Farmdale,after we finish and send in paper work we should be qualified !

Long ride sked.for Sunday and my B-day dinner, Cindy cooks what ever we want on the Sunday following our b-day and I will need to burn up some calories before I chow down.
On the menu !
Fried smelt
coleslaw (grandma's recipe)
steakfries
cornfritters
peach cobbler (grandma's recipe)
Cindy has perfected some of Grandma's best dishes I grew up with !

See ya !

3 comments:

mattonne said...

smelt, sounds fishy to me!

Midz said...

F'in' rain!! The trails will be a new experience for me. I'm seriously thinking about doing more ankle stretching/strengthening because when I do run trails I might twist one up. Grandma's cobbler huh? That's some tasty stuff!!

Mike Howard said...

My dad use to go up to Michagan for the smelt run and bring home tons of them "Eat'em like fries"

I'll save you some of the cobbler Midz!