Sunday, May 13, 2007

Now what did I do ?

I'm trying to decide if I can still make it up to my first 12 hr race of the year on the 26 th of this month,but a little fall on Friday morning might make my mind up for me. I wish I could say I was tearing up the trail having a great ride when I fell ,but that wasn't the case...I was carrying a 2x8x36inch board with my left hand trying to get it out to a bridge I rebuilt and was one board short,when I went off the trail and tried to stop,but I couldn't get uncliped...opps ! Fell to the right side staight on to my chest,no big deal,I thought I was fine.

I went on to finish the bridge and then get a good 1-1/2hr ride in ! I felt fine until I went to get off the bike then it felt like I was being stabbed on the right side of my upper chest ! Crap this isn't good !

To finish this up, it got worse has the day went on, I still went to work that night then went to First Care in the morning after work.Badly brusied if not cracked upper rib,they didn't do a x-ray because they wouldn't treat it any different so might has well save me some money( good choice doc)

I'll see how things go for the next few weeks on the bike I don't want to screw up training for 24-9 in July,Meanwhile don't laugh,caugh,or sneeze...ouch !

Happy Mothers Day to Cindy and all other moms out there ! Steaks on the grill today will be on the menu !

1 comment:

Midz said...

Sooooo...these steaks, what time are we talkin' here? We're at Gil's at 11 so anytime midafternoon will work fine for me.