Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Time to step up the training !

It's getting close to the first PAMBA race to kick off the new races season, it should be a fun race with alot of racers. Illinois and Iowa will start the season together at Sylvan Island in Moline Ill, a short singletrack course with laps of 2.5 miles I think Experts will do 8 laps.

I've been running on most mornings aleast 2 miles to help with losing weight and hitting the weights three days a week.

Sunday I did a threshold test on the spinner to help with some new training 153 average.
Monday was a spin in the Dungeon by myself, I put on my Down cd and cranked it up !!!
This might be my new favorite cd to train with.....if you like Pantera you will like Down !

I ran this morning then worked getting Mike's bedroom remodeled I had cut a whole in the wall for a new window .........No Fun !!!!!!!!........but glad I didn't have to pay someone to do it.

I took off around 4:00pm on the road bike for a quick 1-1/2 hr ride and then get home to take Kelsi to her B-game.

Road ride Tomorrow afternoon I need to get up early and work on the House.

I need to get some tires ordered from Intense and I can now order some rims from Sun-Ringle
If anybody knows Sun- Ringle rims what would be a good disc rim I can put on my NRS for endurance racing ?

See ya !

6 comments:

Jeff Kerkove said...

I ran the Disc-O-Tek for 2 years and never had issues with it. Good strength to weight ratio. That's my recommendation

Midz said...

Sorry I missed you Monday night. I'll be back next week for sure. Let's get some R.I. Trail rides in the works soon. I'm dying to get that bike out there.

PaddyH said...

I'd sell'em...and buy some Mavics, x717's or 719's, from a wheelbuilding standpoint, they build up way nicer, stay truer(if built properly) and in most cases, tires are way easier to take on and off, just my op.

Mike Howard said...

I here ya Patrick ! Sun-Ringle is a sponsor for this year and I had a set of sub IV on my Razorback that held up pretty good....The Disc-0-Tek is what I was looking at Jeff ! Thanks guys !

PaddyH said...

oh...well...if they're a sponsor then they're kick ass!!!
:D

Mike Howard said...

I knew you would like them !!!