Sunday, June 11, 2006

Rain ride

I took off this morning knowing I was going to get wet,but I needed this ride ! I had some winter gear on with temps in the low 50's, 2 bottle's of Heed and Substained Energy and a bottle of Red Bull and water,two flasked of gel(I didn't eat anything before ride).

I didn't see any rain for my first 20 min. then the rain came slowly has I headed north out of Trivoli,after about 30 min. I ran out of it and the road was dry for the next 30 min.I was wanting to get a long ride in,but the rain came down pretty hard and after two hrs of it,and I was getting close to the cut off to home or staying out for another hour I chose home.

Atleast I was able to get 2-1/2 hrs in and not wear myself down and risk getting sick! I don't get sick and don't need to push it being so close to 24-9 race.

XC race this Sunday PAMBA #3 It will be a good training ride to get some singletrack riding in before I head up to my next 12 hr race in Franklin,Wi. Metro 12.

See Ya !

2 comments:

mattonne said...

It was friggin COLD sunday!!!
Keep hammerin Howie!

Midz said...

I think I'm good! I'm ready to pick it up again. I'll try and hook up for a ride ASAP.