Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Time to kick up

The suffering and keep a steady training sked.I spent 3 hrs on the spinner Sunday and a hour with Midz Monday night to break in the Dungeon.I'll keep with my new program of yoga and body wieght workouts thru the week with some intervals and recover time on the spinner,then hit the longer base miles on the weekend.

Last Friday I went to a local gym that advertized using a heart rate monitor with your workouts and they have a new way of testing your V02 and anaerobic threshold.I always wanted to get checked by someone who new what they were doing and see how close I was with my own limits I had set.

I had to wear a mask and h/r monitor and get on a spinner for only 13 min and they had all the info they needed...my V02 max was 46.8 and my aerobic base (AB) was at 122 and anaerobic threshold (AT)was at 159...The AT is a little high than what I trained at Last year so thats good that my Threshold is going up and the rate that I build endurance is higher than last year to.I'll put my zone 2 and 3 about 8 to 10 beats higher and that will help me push alittle more = better endurance pace I can hold.

Getting faster at endurance pace has been up my ass for two years and I was a little faster last year with the help of coach (Karl Etzel )so I need to keep trying to train smart and not get burned out.It's always a kick in the junk when you get in your pace at a big race and the other guys seem to be flying by like they stole something...XC pace is to fast to keep up at a 12 or 24 hr but if you want on the podium you have to get fast !!!! 4th and 5th place at 24-9 is close and their is always 2007.

I need to get over to Iowa and get some miles in on the gravel because I don't know what these guys are riding over there.I have Jeffs NRS and I know he rode it on the first Tr-Iowa so thats what I was expecting to use this year.Some look to be on crossbikes fully ridgid and my body can't take that many hours on a hardtail.I'll hookup with Matt and get it figuired out soon.

It's 2:30 in the afternoon and I need to get to bed I was off at 9:00am this morning my normal 12 hr night with ony 3 hrs of sleep since I woke up Tuesday morning and couldn't fall back to sleep before work last night...I'll try and catch a couple extra hrs.

Best time of the year FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS !!!!! Saturday and Sunday !!!!!


See Ya !

1 comment:

Midz said...

Looks like more trainer time in our future if we get this snow on Sunday.